Malta, NY (January 18, 2019) - The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) is calling for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to assist in updating BPI's Building Analyst and Envelope Professional certifications.
Selected SMEs will earn up to five (5) BPI continuing education units (CEUs) for their participation.
The certifications slated for updates are currently defined as:
- Building Analyst - The Building Analyst certification verifies that an individual has the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to conduct comprehensive building performance audits, including assessing whole-building ventilation, measuring airflow, combustion safety and testing/data collection.
- Envelope Professional - The Envelope Professional certification verifies that an individual has the skills to optimize and verify the installation, operation, maintenance, and performance of building envelope systems, and is able to improve their interaction with other building systems.
The following interest categories of SME representation are needed:
- Industry - A member of the home performance or weatherization industry who is involved with production, assembling and/or distribution, or sells materials, products, systems, or services covered in the scope of the certification
- Trainer - Individuals involved in the training of weatherization and home performance workers
- User - An individual who purchases, uses, or specifies materials, products, systems, or services covered in the scope of the certification
- General Interest - General Interest SMEs are neither Industry nor User SMEs. This category may include personnel from state or federal regulatory agencies, health/safety professionals, researchers, or personnel from trade associations or other organizations.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Have subject matter expertise directly related to the relevant certification scheme
- Have three (3) years of experience in the field of the relevant certification
- Be free from any competing interest to ensure impartiality and non-discriminatory judgment. (Candidates must agree to sign and abide by the BPI Code of Ethics & Conduct which includes a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement)
Responsibilities of the SMEs include:
- Development of new Certification Schemes
- Job Task Analysis (JTA)
- Item writing (Develop test questions)
- Review psychometric data on questions and eliminate bad questions
- Review how the tests are being performed (written & field)
- Determine if the certification is aligned with industry needs
- Agree to sign and abide by the BPI Code of Ethics & Conduct which includes a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement
If you are interested in participating in the update of BPI's Building Analyst and Envelope Professional certifications, please fill out the Subject Matter Expert Application and submit it electronically by February 1st, 2019, in accordance with the instructions on the form. Please specify the certification/s in which you are interested.
About Building Performance Institute (BPI)
BPI is the nation's premier building performance credentialing, quality assurance and standards setting organization. BPI develops technical standards using an open, transparent, consensus-based process built on sound building science. From these standards, we develop professional certifications for individuals, companywide credentials for BPI GoldStar Contractors, home energy rating systems and quality assurance services that help raise the bar in home performance contracting. BPI is approved by the American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) as an accredited developer of American National Standards and as a certifying body for personnel credentials.
For more information about BPI, visit: bpi.org.
Building Performance Institute, Inc.
107 Hermes Road, Suite 210
Malta, NY 12020
Phone: (877) 274-1274
Fax: (866) 777-1274