The following BPI exams are approved for reimbursement:
- Building Analyst Professional
- Envelope Professional
- Heating Professional
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Professional
- Manufactured Housing Professional
- Multifamily Building Operator Professional
- Multifamily Building Analyst Professional
- Residential Building Envelope Whole House Air Leakage Control Installer
Here's How To Apply for Reimbursement:
Step One: Establish VA Benefits Eligibility
You may receive reimbursement for approved certification tests if you qualify for any of these programs:
- Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act (Public Law 111-317)
- Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB)
- Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserves (MGIB-SR) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
- Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA)
Step Two: Complete a VA Application for Reimbursement for Licensing or Certification Tests
If you are qualified in one of the programs listed above, send in by postal mail the specific form for the licensing/testing/certification reimbursement approval. This specific form, separate from the eligibility application, may not be available for on-line submission.Click here to fill out the form, save it, and print it.
Step Three: Mail Your Reimbursement Request to your Regional Veterans Administration Office
Send your application for reimbursement to: "Attention: Licensing and Certification Reimbursement" at your regional office address. Click here to find your regional office.
Should you experience problems with the above process, please fill out the form below. We will use your email only to contact you to follow your experience in obtaining reimbursement, and to assist your application if possible.