How It Works
Contractors and consumers look for a Seal of Approval when they're buying goods and services. They often don't have time to do quality assurance work themselves and rely on appropriate industry standards. BPI's Product Listing Program identifies the tools, products, and materials that meet industry standards for diagnostic evaluation and installation of energy upgrades to the home.
For more than 20 years, contractors have trusted BPI to set the standard for high quality energy efficiency diagnostic and installation work. Now we're extending that trust to the products and materials our contractors use daily.
Benefits for Manufacturers
BPI's Product Listing Program identifies leading industry products and materials that meet home performance industry standards for energy upgrades to the home. Not all products can make the grade, but those that do receive the following benefits:
- Use of the BPI Product Mark on all approved products, literature, website, and collateral advertising
- Listing of approved products on dedicated product listing webpage at www.bpi.org/product-listing
- BPI sponsored social media posts targeting contractors by demographic
- Email promotion to BPI's network of more than 25,000 professionals and contracting companies
- Differentiates your material from substandard materials
- Immediately connects the contractor or consumer to your website
- Identifies the manufacturer as a leader in the home performance industry
Steps to Have Product Listed
Step 1: Apply
- Complete a Product Listing Application (use a separate application for each product).
- Identify the industry standard and testing requirements your product will need to comply with, if applicable. BPI will provide guidance if needed. Assemble all laboratory test reports and ensure that they align with the requirements of the industry standard(s). If no industry standard applies, consult with BPI at firstname.lastname@example.org for verification steps.
- Submit the application, supporting laboratory reports, and product listing fee (annual payment).
- Sign and submit the Manufacturer Licensing Agreement .
Step 2: Connect
BPI will assign a Client Relations Representative (CRR) to personally assist you throughout the listing process. After all items are submitted, BPI will review the package and confirm receipt.
Step 3: Review
The test reports will be reviewed to confirm that the test results have met the requirements of the appropriate industry standard(s). You will be contacted for any information required to complete this evaluation. If there is not an industry standard for your product, BPI will work with you to identify a way to verify your product's efficacy.
Step 4: List
Once all of BPI's requirements have been met, the product will be listed on the website. You will be provided with a copy of the signed agreement and a certificate indicating that the material has now been listed by BPI. You may use the BPI Listing Mark on your product and the product's collateral marketing materials and webpage references, in accordance with the Manufacturer Licensing Agreement.