JLC Industries seeks to support active-duty military and veterans with employment and skills training. JLC is offering five (5) scholarships to help active-duty individuals and veterans get into the home performance industry. The scholarships will be for the training and testing for the Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst and Envelope Professional certifications - “Core” BPI certifications. JLC will also assist in getting these scholarship recipients placed with companies.
Timeframe: The scholarships will be awarded on a rolling basis from April 1st – December 31st, 2018.
The deadline for all applications to be submitted is May 31st, 2018.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Residents of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Vermont
- Veterans with pre- and/or post-9/11 service from all branches of the U.S. Military including the National Guard and Reserve
- Active-duty military service members
Veterans and active duty service members of all ages are encouraged to apply.
What is required to apply?
- Copy of DD-214 or MOS
- Character recommendation from a third party (i.e. general reference)
- Copy of personal photo identification (e.g., US passport, license, military photo ID)
- Disclosure of any criminal history
On what basis are scholarship recipients selected?
A panel of professionals from the Veterans Administration and the medical, home performance industries and government will consider these applications/interviews for the following:
- Record of personal achievement
- Academic and career ambitions
- Demonstration of service to others in the community and leadership potential
- Compelling, thoughtful, genuine, and thorough interview
- Military service record
To apply: Please send your complete application by May 31st, 2018 to John Mitchell, Owner/ CEO of JLC Industries at email@example.com or via mail: 362 2nd Ave West, Haven, CT 06516.
About JLC Industries: JLC Industries is a BPI Test Center, training and consulting company that works with utilities, government entities, accreditation organizations, vendors, contractors, suppliers, and industry professional groups. JLC believes in achieving the next level of knowledge, which will enrich our clients’ futures. Jlcindustries.net / Office: 203-553-7014 / Cell: 315-761-8051