BPI Certification Approved for Nevada Energy Auditor License
Mandated by Nevada Assembly Bill 432:
All Nevada Energy Auditors must possess an energy auditor license
Carson City, NV, September 30, 2011 - The State of Nevada has approved the Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) as an Approved Certification Program to meet the state's requirements for an Energy Auditor License. Nevada now requires practitioners to hold an Energy Auditor License when performing energy audits, energy assessments or limited energy audits. Certification from an approved organization and proof of training are required to obtain the license.
The Nevada Real Estate Division is now accepting applications for the Energy Auditor License. To apply, a practitioner must:
- Submit an application and pass a criminal and personal background investigation.
- Be certified or accredited by an approved organization. BPI has been approved as a certification organization.
- Provide proof of successful completion of 40 hours of training and practice in areas specified in Assembly Bill 432.
Training must be approved by the Administrator of the Nevada Real Estate Division. Training organizations must submit curriculum information for approval to meet licensing requirements, and provide proof of training to candidates upon request. Training and practice requirements may be found at http://www.red.state.nv.us/publications/Letters/auditor_training_programs.pdf
Conducting energy audits without a license is now a misdemeanor crime in Nevada.
Click here to access the Energy Auditor Application, or go to the Division's website at www.red.state.nv.us, click on Forms, and access Form 663.
Questions can be directed to the Nevada Real Estate Division at: (702) 486-4033, press "1" for Licensing.
About the Building Performance Institute
The Building Performance Institute, Inc., (BPI) is the nation's premier building performance credentialing, quality assurance and standards setting organization. BPI develops technical standards using an open, transparent, consensus-based process built on sound building science. BPI is approved by the American National Standards Institute, Inc. (ANSI) as an accredited developer of American National Standards.
BPI offers the following:
- National standards to ensure top quality, consistent protocols are being followed throughout the home performance and weatherization workforce
- Certification of individuals in building analyst, heating, AC/heat pump, shell/envelope and multi-family designations
- Accreditation of contracting companies committed to delivering quality home performance improvements
- Quality assurance to verify conformance with BPI Standards and provide feedback for continuing improvement
- Affiliation of testing organizations that deliver BPI services in their market
For more information on BPI, visit www.bpi.org.
Building Performance Institute